Our self catering cottage, The Stable, is fairly compact and is a single storey in the garden of our 16th century thatched cottage which is grade 11 listed. We look forward to welcoming you.
Should you require additional information to that provided here please do give us a call.
We suggest you view the pictures on our web site when reading this document to get a clearer idea of the layout.
- We have our own website www.stablelets.co.uk
- Enquiries/bookings can be made by email or phone
- The nearest Bus Stop is 200 metres from us, though the service is not very frequent.
- The nearest Train station is Eastleigh and is 3 miles away.
- We can provide information in large print on request
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is space for one car in the drove at the front of the cottage, but a car can be parked on the driveway for unloading
- The Parking space in the drove is on uneven ground and the driveway is gravel
- There is no street parking or lighting in the Drove as it is quite narrow and the road is unadopted.
- The Drove parking is 50 metres from the entrance to The Stable (10 metres from the driveway)
- The Stable entrance at the front, has a small threshold step - 10cm high, 38cm deep and 78cm wide.
Main Entrance & Reception
- No reception.
- The driveway to the cottage is partially lit at night and the entrance to The Stable is lit by a sensor light from the side and front of the cottage and a further light by the entrance door to The Stable.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
- Entrance door to The Stable is 78cm wide
- The room height in the Stable is c 2 m (6’ 7’’)
Public Areas - WC
- Not available
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Cafe
- There are no communal facilities as this is a single self catering cottage in the grounds of a private dwelling.
- The Stable LOUNGE is entered from the main entrance door, with the doors to the kitchen, Bathroom and Bedroom off this room. The height from floor to ceiling is 2 m
- Furniture comprises: a small dining table and two chairs, a two seater settee, a coffee table, TV table and a floor mounted standard light.
- Floor is laminate with a rug in the centre.
- Largest free space, totally clear of doors and furniture is 0.9 m x 2.1 m
- No separate Laundry but a standard size front loading washing machine is located in the kitchen.
- A Tumble dryer is available in the shed at the rear of The Stable. Access to the shed is along a paved path through the cottage garden 45cm wide at its narrowest point.
- Not available. Nearest is local garage about half a mile.
Treatment room/s /Leisure Facilities /Outdoor Facilities
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
- Not available
- Room size 3.5m x 2.4m (average as room is not parallel)
- Door width 66cm
- Double Bed - 4' 6" standard
- Bed height - floor to top of mattress 60cm
- Non feather duvets and pillows
- Sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases are cotton/mix.
- Largest transfer space available to left of bed is 0.9 metres
- Largest free space totally clear of doors and furniture is 0.9m x 1.5m
- Floor is laminate with rugs either side of the bed.
Shower-room & WC
- Door width 66 cm
- Shower size - 70cm x 120cm with glass front panel and door.
- Shower is electric and controls are 180cm from the base. The height to the top of the shower head is adjustable from 145cm to 180cm from the base.
- One grab handle on shower wall opposite door
- Largest free space (totally clear of door and furniture) is 0.6m x 0.8m
- Flooring is ceramic tiles
- Good colour contrast between floor and walls
- Pedestal wash basin – height to fop of basin 90cm
- Standard size toilet – height to seat 43cm
- The kitchen is self contained with the entrance through a doorway from the lounge(66 cm wide)
- Worktop height is 90cm
- The oven is on the right hand side and the oven door is hinged on the left and can be accessed from the side. Lowest shelf is 20cm from the floor.
- Sink is 90cm high with cupboards underneath
- Cooking plates (hob) are 90cm high
- There is a breakfast bar on the left side of the kitchen 90cm high.
- Largest free space (totally clear of door and furniture) is 0.6m x 1.6m
- Wall cupboards are 1.4m from floor to bottom shelf and 1.75m to the top shelf and contain crockery, glassware and food storage.
- Fridge with 3 star freezer compartment - highest shelf 50cm
- Flooring is laminate
- Good contrast between floor, cupboards and other surfaces
- Evenly lit kitchen by central fluorescent light
Grounds and Gardens
- Small patio outside Stable entrance with table and 2 chairs (separate from the private cottage garden)
- Our “Information Folder” in the Stable is mainly in size 12 font but can be supplied in larger font on request.
- Internet (wi fi) access
- Reasonable mobile phone reception - may have to go outside for some tariff providers.
- Please inform us (prior to arrival) of any individual requirements in case of evacuation, especially if you are unlikely to hear the heat/ smoke alarms in The Stable.
- For the comfort of all our guests The Stable is none smoking and no pets are allowed.
- No barbecues allowed (Thatch insurance requirement)
- No naked fames (e.g. candles) in the vicinity of the Thatch.
- Address: The Stable at Rambler Cottage, Chapel Drove, Horton Heath, Eastleigh, Hampshire. SO50 7DL
- Telephone: 023 8060 2755 Mobile 077 666 81021
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.stablelets.co.uk
- Emergency number: as above
- Local carers: Hampshire Careers - Eastleigh 023 8025 6522
- Local equipment hire companies:
Shop Mobility - Eastleigh 023 8090 2402, Southampton,
West Quay 023 8063,6100, Winchester 01962 842 626
British Red Cross (Woodside Avenue, Eastleigh) 023 8061 6522
- Local public transport numbers:
- National Rail Enquiries 0845 748 4950,
- Buses: Solent Blue Line 023 8061 8233, Brijan 01489 788 138.
- Coach Tours (local company) Coliseum Coaches 023 8047 2377
- Local accessible taxi numbers: Astro Carz (Southampton) 023 80 233 233
- NHS Walk-in centre - 4 miles. (Open 8am -9.30pm 7 days) 023 8042 6356
- Bitterne Health Centre, Commercial Street, Southampton S018 6BT
- Southampton General 023 80 777 222
- Winchester, Royal South Hants 01962 863 535
The Stable is compact and cannot be enlarged due to its location within the site of a listed building. For this reason it is not suitable for wheel chairs due to space constraints, but may be appropriate for people with other restrictions. If we can assist any further in this respect do please let us know.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve.
If you have any comments please phone 023 8060 2755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org